Datalex will change the way you, your family, and your friends shop for travel products for the next 10 years. Last year Datalex enabled 2.5 Billion Travel Searches, over 65 Million Bookings and $20 Billion of Revenue for our customers. Our customers are household brands such as JetBlue, Air China, COPA Airlines, Aer Lingus and Lufthansa. We are revolutionising the industry and how we drive shopping and loyalty for the world’s travellers. We’re looking for someone a technical test lead with ambition, someone excited by working for a global leader in Travel Retail.
We're looking for a highly motivated Technical Test Lead with Agile and Automation experience to work in our new and exciting Product Innovation team. The Technical Test Lead will play an important role in leading the test strategy and implementation of our new Product Solutions within an agile environment. Experience in travel particularly airline industry (and systems) would be a distinct advantage.
In this highly critical role of Technical Test Lead you will be:
- Responsible for driving quality, test design, and creation/delivery of highly usable systems with the highest quality for our Product Roadmap.
- Developing an end to end Automation Strategy for effective delivery efficiency through our Product Roadmap and strategic vision.
- Working with SOAP/REST technologies to maintain and execute automated test scripts based on functional web service requirements.
- Leading day to day Test activities, guiding team members, mentoring & motivating junior team members.
- Producing clear and concise reports during the lifecycle of a project.
- Generating reliable estimates and test plans for tasks for your stream.
- Owning and managing the customer acceptance testing phase, ensuring the delivery is on time / on budget and meets the quality expectations.
Essential Skills / Experience
- IT degree with 6+ years’ experience in testing with at least 2 years leading a team.
- Strong API testing background with experience in technologies such as REST, JSON, XML,
- Have a keen interest (knowledge / experience) of Test Automation, Test workflows, Test specification design, development, execution and overall SDLC.
- Working with the customers and managing their expectations
Experience/Knowledge in the following would be an advantage:
- Travel Systems Expertise
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery experience
- Experience of Agile development methodology
- Java and Java-related web technologies – J2EE, Eclipse, JBoss, Tomcat, HTML, CSS, JS, XML
- Linux operating system – RedHat, CentOS
- Automation Tools – SoapUI, Selenium, JMeter, Git, Jenkins.
- Java code base automation scripts
- Keyword driven
- Data Driven (TDD)
- Cucumber – for behaviour driven testing (BDD): Given/When/Then
- Database systems – Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB
- Test reporting tools – Test Rail, JIRA .
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds yourself accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
- A keen interest (knowledge / experience) of test workflows through automation, specification design, development, and execution.
- Available to travel if required
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. The Datalex Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Its customers include Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Malta, Air Transat, Copa Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Hainan Group of Airlines, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa Group, Philippine Airlines, SITA and STA Travel. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, USA and China. Datalex is a publicly listed company and is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE: DLE).