Reporting to SVP Global Sales, the successful candidate will represent Datalex as a market leading provider of Digital Commerce to its Customers and Partners. Director Sales – Americas will own the revenue targets for the region.
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. The Datalex Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Its customers include Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Malta, Air Transat, Copa Airlines, Hainan Group of Airlines, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa Group, Philippine Airlines, SITA and STA Travel. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, USA and China. Datalex is a publicly listed company and is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE: DLE).
At Datalex, we live for the success of our customers which represent the world’s leading travel retailers. Our customers recognize us for our world class products, talent and our commitment to partnership. With responsibility for generating and driving new sales pursuits and revenue, we are seeking a Director Sales that can manage the end-to-end sales process in a complex B2B technology, fast-paced, highly competitive, global environment; who can establish and build relationships across multiple levels with travel retailers and who can deliver on goals.
This is an exciting role that offers the experience of working with global brands across the Americas with a high level of collaboration across all functions of a leading digital commerce organization.
- Own and deliver the new sales revenue target for the Americas
- With support from the SVP Global Sales, devise and construct a Sales Plan which will support delivery of the territory targets
- Manage the existing Americas pipeline to progress existing opportunities and extend the pipeline by developing new leads
- Leverage existing industry and customer contacts and nurture new ones with a view to raising Datalex profile across the Americas
- Manage the end-to-end sales process identifying the most appropriate sales strategies, tactics, and approaches to ensure success
- Work with internal stakeholders and departments to both motivate and drive participation in the sales process internally and to support sales closures
- Represent the voice of the potential customer by sharing insights and customer feedback with a view to influencing and steering product delivery and the product roadmap
- Use financial astuteness to quickly understand the economics of any potential deal and its impact on the overall P&L; work with the finance team to derive appropriate commercial models
- Use extensive negotiation and contracting skills to finalise deals in a multi-cultural environment
- Monitor and track performance to goal
- Work closely with and support the wider Sales team and Pre-Sales so that the team collectively achieves goals
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital commerce - sales, business development or consulting - with an airline, OTA, tour operator, travel retailer or alternative global technology led business
- Proven ability to meet revenue targets, manage a sales pipeline and to qualify and drive new leads effectively
- Strong empathy for the potential customer and a passion for digital commerce revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others and a willingness to articulate views and opinions
- At ease working in a fast-paced, competitive, international environment with different cultures
- Organised, motivated, with strong tenacity, resilience, and drive to prospect and generate new business
- Excellent presentation skills in addition to influencing, negotiation and contracting skills in a global context at senior level
- Commercially minded with strong business acumen, supported by analytical skills
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours to meet deadlines (when applicable)
- Professional and respectful approach to confidentiality regarding the company and our customer engagements
Experience in Travel Retail – e.g. Airlines, OTAs, Hospitality, Technology Systems for Travel Retail Experience of working with, or for, Airlines