Reporting to the VP Strategic Sales (Manchester), the successful candidate will represent Datalex as a market leading provider of Digital Commerce to its Customers and Partners. Business Development Managers (BDMs) will play a key role in supporting our ambitious growth and scaling plans.
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. The Datalex Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Its customers include Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Malta, Air Transat, Copa Airlines, Hainan Group of Airlines, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa Group, Philippine Airlines, SITA and STA Travel. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, USA and China. Datalex is a publicly listed company and is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE: DLE).
At Datalex, we live for the success of our customers which represent the world’s leading travel retailers. Our customers recognize us for our world class products, talent and our commitment to partnership. With responsibility for identifying new sales leads, progressing existing ones and for communicating new product developments to prospective clients, BDMs will be a fresh addition to the Datalex Sales Team. BDMs will own a defined Sales revenue target.
This is an exciting role that offers the experience of working with global brands across a wide territory and within a supportive and ambitious Sales Team.
- Own and manage a pipeline of leads and opportunities
- Expand the lead pipeline and accelerate leads appropriately
- Deliver the BDM sales revenue target as defined by SVP Global Sales
- With support from the SVP Global Sales, devise and construct a Sales Plan which will support delivery of the BDM targets
- Leverage existing industry and customer contacts and nurture new ones with a view to raising Datalex globally
- Communicate new product developments to prospective clients
- Generate and build strong relationships at middle level across a complex network of international stakeholders, using influence to secure more senior contacts within potential customers
- Manage the end-to-end sales process identifying the most appropriate sales strategies, tactics, and approaches to ensure success
- Work with internal stakeholders and departments to both motivate and drive participation in the sales process internally
- Share insights and customer feedback with a view to influencing and steering product delivery and the product roadmap
- Support Marketing initiatives and events
- Use financial astuteness to quickly understand the economics of any potential deal and its impact on the overall P&L
- Use extensive negotiation and contracting skills to drive deals in a multi-cultural environment
- Monitor and track performance to goal
- Work closely with and support the wider Sales team and Pre-Sales so that the team collectively achieves goals
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales, business development or consulting with global technology led business.
- Proven ability to drive new leads, to effectively manage a sales pipeline and to meet revenue targets
- Strong empathy for the potential customer and a passion for digital commerce revenue and growth
- A passion for travelling and all things related to travel
- Enthusiastic and creative with the ability to articulate views and opinions
- At ease working in a fast-paced, competitive, international environment with different cultures
- Organised, motivated, with strong tenacity, resilience, and drive to prospect and generate new business
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commercially minded with strong business acumen, supported by analytical skills
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours to meet deadlines (when applicable)
- Professional and respectful approach to confidentiality regarding the company and our customer engagements
- Experience in Technology Systems for Travel Industry
- Experience in Retail
- Experience of working with, or for, Airlines or other Travel related verticals (e.g. Hospitality)