Datalex are seeking an experienced Scrum Master to work on the next generation Products in the Airline industry. The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted. Scrum Masters do this by guiding and supporting the Scrum Team in its adherence to Scrum theory, practices, and rules (within the Datalex environment).
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team, and focuses on increasing the efficiency of the team. This includes motivation of the team and adherence to our Definition of Done (DoD). The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master will be based in our Dublin headquarters.
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment
- Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value
- Understanding and practicing agility
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality
- Helping the Development Team to create high-value products
- Removing impediments to the Development Teams’ progress
- Coaching the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood
- Planning Scrum implementations
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization
- Availability to travel up to once a quarter
- 3+ years experience in playing the Scrum Master for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Desirable Skills/Experience (an advantage)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (Java, Web Services, Jenkins, Git/Bitbucket, SQL (Oracle DB))
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. The Datalex Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Its customers include Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Malta, Air Transat, Copa Airlines, Hainan Group of Airlines, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa Group, Philippine Airlines, SITA and STA Travel. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, USA and China. Datalex is a publicly listed company and is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE: DLE).