Datalex have a new opportunity for a software delivery Project Manager, you'll be working directly with the customer, one of China's lead airline groups.
We live for the success of our customers at Datalex, our customers recognize us for our world class products and talent and our commitment to partnership. Working closely with our customers and Datalex customer Success Managers, the project manager will plan and deliver projects of a complex nature to agreed time, cost and quality standards within the company’s project methodology framework. You will be an excellent communicator, have strong customer orientation and be experienced in leading geographically dispersed cross functional project teams. The successful software delivery Project Manager will primarily be based onsite our customer office in Wuhan,China.
- Deliver software development projects to scope, plan and budget
- Create detailed project plans and manage project resources and budgets.
- Define project requirements and scope by working closely with customers and solution architects
- Manage team and project communications and delivery commitments
- Lead virtual cross functional team(s) to successfully deliver projects
- Manage diverse project elements including risks and issues, taking corrective action as necessary
- Manage change proactively with customers and key stakeholders.
- Provide regular reports to Project Steering Group, Program Management and PMO
- Report monthly budget and resource utilization against targets and current project status
- Contribute to process improvement
Essential Skills & Experience
- 5+ years hands on project management experience
- Significant software development/delivery project management experience
- Certified Project Management Qualification e.g. PMP or Prince etc.
- Experience of Agile (Scrum Framework) a distinct advantage
- Proven team leadership experience including local and distributed teams
- Proven ability to succeed with multidisciplinary teams with both onsite and remote engagement
- Can demonstrate strong collaboration and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including representing the company in a client facing role
- Strong influencing skills at all levels
- Ability to take responsibility for high quality and on-time project deliveries
- Relevant experience in mapping and managing dependencies
- In-depth understanding of and ability to apply project management methodologies
- Ability to understand and deliver on customer expectations
- Available to travel up to 20% of the time
- Strong MS Project and other related Office software skills
- Fluent English and Mandarin
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. The Datalex Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Its customers include Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Malta, Air Transat, Copa Airlines, Hainan Group of Airlines, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa Group, Philippine Airlines, SITA, STA Travel, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, USA and China. Datalex is a publicly listed company and is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE: DLE).