Datalex have an excellent opportunity for a qualified Tax and Statutory Accountant who is eager to progress their career in a fast-paced environment. Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers, we are headquartered in Dublin with entities in UK, US and China. We’re looking for someone with strong corporate tax experience, ideally at a tax consultant or tax senior level. Take the opportunity to join a world class team of talent with unique opportunities for career growth, travel and let’s not forget, fun!
Tax Compliance and Planning:
- Central point of contact for all group tax related queries
- Corporation tax and deferred tax calculations for all entities for group reporting
- Preparation of supporting files for each statutory company and provision of information in response to queries from external tax advisors in various jurisdictions
- Responsibility for Chinese statutory entity including all tax related queries arising from new contracts in China, local tax compliance etc.
- Preparation of transfer pricing review for statutory entities in Ireland and UK, US and China
- Review of VAT tax returns for all entities.
- Ad hoc tax queries arising from relocation of employees to foreign jurisdictions
- Work with the wider business on tax projects such as R&D tax credit
- Work closely with group finance and other key stakeholders in the business
- Research tax issues as they arise and provide recommendations to management
- Responding to ad hoc queries concerning Corporation tax, VAT, PAYE, etc.
- Assist in identifying tax risks and tax saving opportunities within the group
- Management of tax audits as they arise
- Completion of half year statutory reporting and annual financials for the group’s Annual Report
- Liaise with external Chinese tax and accounting services provider to account for Chinese statutory entity
- Maintenance of account reconciliations for the applicable general ledger tax accounts.
- Other compliance matters such as CRO returns, UK Company House, Directors Compliance statement
- Preparation of year end impairment review
- Coordination of annual AGM and annual dividend payment
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant with AITI, ideally someone who initially trained within the tax department of a Big4 or Top 10 Accounting firm. Post qualification experience within a large group would be desirable (not essential).
- Proven ability to quickly assess problems and find effective solutions
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to research and simplify complex situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Team player who takes initiative and works constructively with others to achieve team goals
- Strong technical skills including broad knowledge of IFRS
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong communicator both orally and in writing.
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. The Datalex Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Its customers include Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Malta, Air Transat, Copa Airlines, Hainan Group of Airlines, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa Group, Philippine Airlines, SITA, STA Travel, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, USA and China. Datalex is a publicly listed company and is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE: DLE).