Are you interested in changing the way you, your family, and your friends will shop for travel products over the next 10 years?
We have vacancies for experienced highly motivated Senior Software Developers to work in an exciting and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will enjoy working within a team and solving challenging problems that address consumer and social buying behaviors. They will also have a track record in developing high quality software, working within tight deadlines, and have a continuous improvement and customer-focused mindset. Experience in the travel or retail industry would be an advantage.
- Provide technical leadership in the diagnosis and resolution of issues.
- Lead code reviews and mentor junior developers within your team.
- Capable of taking part in technical and business discussions both internally and externally
- Estimate, design, implement and test large features to the highest standards and take ownership of their delivery
- Understand the business drivers behind each feature.
- Ensure the highest levels of quality in development through test-driven development and continuous integration.
- Contribute and lead initiatives to improve the software development process.
- Understand the impact of performance, stability and availability for mission-critical systems.
Essential skills / Experience
- Must have 5+ years’ experience working as a Software Developer on large software applications
- Experience working with one or more of the following database systems – Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB
- Proficient using one or more of the following tools – Eclipse, IntelliJ, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins, Git
- Demonstrated expertise in unit testing and tools – JUnit, Mockito, JMock, JMeter
- Knowledge of design patterns and software architectures
- Understanding of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Proficient in many of the following technologies – Java, J2EE, REST, JBoss, Tomcat, JDBC, SOAP
- Presentation and teamwork skills
- Strong customer communication skills
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Ability to identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development department
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. The Datalex Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Its customers include Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Malta, Air Transat, Copa Airlines, Hainan Group of Airlines, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa Group, Philippine Airlines, SITA, STA Travel, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, USA and China. Datalex is a publicly listed company and is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE: DLE).