Last year Datalex enabled 2.5 Billion Travel Searches, over 65 Million Bookings and $20 Billion of Revenue for our customers all over the world. Datalex are changing the way you, your family, and your friends shop for travel products. We’re not looking into the future here, we’re in the midst of it. Join the revolution!
Our customers are household brands such as Air China, Aer Lingus, United Airlines, Trailfinders, STA Travel and many more, and they have revolutionised the industry on how to drive shopping and loyalty for the world’s travellers.
We are looking for an Applications Support Engineer to join our existing TOP Team (Technical Operations Team). The TOP team manage the production operations of our customers and are responsible for responding to customer tickets and managing our hosted solutions. The team is based over 3 sites: Dublin, Manchester and Atlanta. Engineers at each site operate under a local site lead who reports to the Support Operations Manager. This position is specifically for our Manchester office.
The key to success in this role is providing an excellent customer experience by proactively managing all support issues (tickets, platform alerts, project tasks, etc). We pride ourselves with excellent customer communication at all times.
- Ownership of the Support Ticket Queue, i.e. Severity 1 – Severity 4 Support issues.
- Responsible for all customer and internal communications on Customer Production support issues.
- Reviewing the support call queue ensuring issues are assigned within SLA and all necessary follow up actions on your assigned issues are completed.
- Dealing with requests for information and logging files from various teams, including the generating and formatting of reports (incident, monitoring etc.)
- Responding to systems alerts – troubleshooting of systems alerts and escalation if alert cannot be resolved.
- Review of systems touches – follow up with Dev if the touch is unclear, applying touches to environments and highlight of risks or concerns before applying to production.
- Creation of the post mortemRCA documentation and completion of review with the TOP team.
- Responsive and works well with CSMSAM to manage issues and establish priorities.
- Engages with TSGDBA on issues and building of relationship with TSGDBA.
- Engagement with DevArch groups to help ensure issues are progressed and relevant information is passed to these groups for troubleshooting or clarifying issues.
- Run bookschecklistsprocess creation and updating, continuous improvement work (scripts, documentation, etc.)
- Set and deliver on customers’ expectations
- Degree in a relevant subject and/or has extensive on-the job experience.
- 3+ year’s proven experience supporting enterprise applications in a high availability environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in commissioning, configuring and administering Linux based platforms including features such as Apache, Tomcat, JMS, Squid, FTP etc.
- Knowledge of the SQL query language.
- Experience using Linux based scripting technologies such as Bash, Perl, Pyton, etc would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of key operations and support processes (e.g. key ITIL processes) such as Incident Management, Problem Management, would be a benefit.
- Ability to multi task and delegate in dynamic fast paced environment.
- Experience communicating with customers on a daily basis.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Knowledge and interest in current developments in IT.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to quickly grasp and evaluate new systems/products.
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to undertake and successfully deliver multiple activities and resolve issues in a complex operational environment.
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. The Datalex Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Its customers include Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Malta, Air Transat, Copa Airlines, Hainan Group of Airlines, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa Group, Philippine Airlines, SITA, STA Travel, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, USA and China. Datalex is a publicly listed company and is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE: DLE).